Recipes of the Season – Fall
Shared by Anna Anderson, MG
Sweet Potato, Kale & Sausage Soup
(Recipe from www.womansday.com)
- Turkey Sausage, amount is of your choice
- 1 sautéed onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 6 cups broth
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (chopped)
- Mix ingredients.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 pound of kale (chopped) with the stems trimmed.
- Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Pumpkin Pie Cake by Brenda Culver, a friend of Anna Anderson, MG
- 5 eggs
- 1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 29 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix ingredients. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and mix into a dry yellow cake mix (not one with pudding in it).
- Spread crumbled mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Squash Stuffing Casserole
(Recipe from www.zaar.com)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 cups sliced; yellow squash (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 10.5 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 oz.) package instant corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 2 quart baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add squash and onion.
- Reduce heat cover and cook until squash is crisp to tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain well and put in baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, stuffing and contents of seasoning packet, chilies, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over squash in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.